Monday, 13 February 2012

A Declaration of Intent Plus Some Gaming Progress


Right... first off, apologies for lack of posts last month. Hobby dried up for a few months due to post Christmas lul and a small game called Skyrim. A few of you may have heard of it... I hear-by declare to post on a more frequent bases, and not let a video game eat up my hobby time. Until Mass Effect 3.

Warhammer Fantasy:
Now that's out the way, onto the hobby. I played the first game of my new Warhammer Fantasy campaign last week. We're using rules from Blood in the Badlands, tweaked a little to match our Campaign Fluff. Speaking of which, we use a Facebook group to organise games and post fluff documents and stuff - if you want a copy of our background and rules let me know.

Now the game... Lizardmen vs Skaven. I know it's not an excuse but I was pretty tired and ratty during the game, so that might have helped my opponent CRUSH me. Even after the first turn I could see the game sliding away from me, even after the Skaven were forced to deploy counter-productively due to the scenario. Maybe Skaven just like eating Lizardmen for breakfast!

I did learn a few things from that game and changed my next list up a little bit. Unfortunately we had to build our 3 characters (to lead 3 armies) at the start of the campaign, and have specific army build requirements so pretty limited by my choices. This is what I came up with:

Warhost of Zlatlan - 2000 points

  • Lord Kame-hameha, Slann Mage Priest - Level 4, Lore of Light, The Focussed Rumination, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones
  • Saurus Scar-veteran - BSB, GW, LA, Luckstone
  • Saurus Warriors (35) - Full Command, Spears
  • Saurus Warriors (20) - Full Command
  • Skinks (10)
  • Skinks (10)
  • Temple Guard (20) - Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame
  • Stegadon
  • Salamander x2


I basically swapped out my chameleon skinks and block of skink/krox for another saurus unit, another sally, and some cheap skink redirectors. I'll report back on how it fares next Wednesday (maybe take photos). Spent a few hours of last weekend painting some Temple Guard so should have some photos of them too soon.

Warhammer 40,000:
Preparing for the 40k Doubles tournament and 40kUKGT. I'm basically taking Mon-Wed off next week to get some painting done ready for these two tournaments, so will definately have photos for you next week. Lists wise, I'm partnering up with Tom Rogers at the doubles with the following list:

Blood Angels - 875 points

  • Librarian - Termy Armour w/ Storm Shield, Unleash Rage, Fear of the Darkness
  • Terminator Assault Squad (5) - Thunder Hammer & Storm Shields
  • Assault Squad (5) - Razorback w/ TL Lascannon
  • Baal Predator - Flamestorm Cannon, Heavy Flamers, Dozer Blade
  • Stormraven - TL Lascannon, TL Multi-melta


Imperial Guard - 875 points

  • Command Squad - Meltabomb, 2x Meltagun, Autocannon, Chimera
  • Veteran Squad - 3x Meltagun, Lascannon, Chimera
  • Veteran Squad - 3x Meltagun, Autocannon, Chimera
  • Vendetta
  • Leman Russ Battle Tank - Plasma Cannons
  • Hydra


We came a lowly 99th last year, so hoping this brutal list will allow us to crawl a bit higher in the rankings!

If you've read this far, I congratulate you! I promise there will be more photos in the next post. And hopefully a new poster as well! Until next time folks,

Darth Meer

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing you at the tournament, the doubles tournament is one of my staple tournaments and always a good laugh! Dragging my brother along with his Blood Angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be looking out for you! I'll be the guy with the long hair followed by a short guy with glasses :-P. Probably nursing a pint or two.

    ReplyDelete