Monday, 23 August 2010

Purple Lizardmen Army of Zlatlan - Sprayed

Its been a while, but my 2000 point purple army of doom lizardmen is finally built and sprayed! Been a bit mental this last month so haven't done as much hobby as I would like. Things are starting to settle down now finally so should get back on track. 

Anyway, sorry about the naff photo, i didn't really have chance to set up a light box and whatnot:



My 2000 points army of doom consists of:


  • Lord Kame-hameha, Slann Mage Priest - (Level 4, Lore of Life, The Focussed Rumination, Focus of Mystery, Battle Standard Bearer, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones
  • Skink Priest - Level 1, Lore of Heavens, Ancient Stegadon (with Engine of the Gods)
  • Saurus Warriors (20) - Full Command
  • Saurus Warriors (20) - Full Command
  • Temple Guard (20) - Full Command, Venom of the Firefly Frog
  • Chameleon Skinks (8)
  • Chameleon Skinks (8)
  • Salamander
  • Salamander
Had 2 games with versions of this list and think I've almost cracked it, true I lost both the games... but gained valuable data in doing so! Few tweaks I need to do for future games though, one of which is to swap Cupped Hands for either a Dispel Scroll or find 5 points from somewhere and swap it for Becalming Cogitation. The reason I lost the last game was due to the fact that my opponent (you know who you are) pit of shaded my slann during the 2nd turn before i could us him to buff my saurus line for the impending combat, or at least attempt to dwellers bellow a unit. You would think a Level 4 wizard would be enough magic defence, but I was wrong! Anyway, I honestly do not see a need for Cupped Hands, you WILL have throne of vines up most of the time, and in all the games of had of 8th edition i have never actually seen a miscast!

Planning to wash and drybrush the army this week, completing the basecoat, then on to the arduous task of painting all the scales individually... fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment