- Librarian - Shield, Rage = 100
- Honour Guard x5 - PF, PG x4, Drop Pod = 235
- Sanguinary Priest x2 - PW x2 = 130
- Assault Squad x9 - TH, MG, Rhino = 227
- Assault Squad x9 - PF, MG, Rhino = 222
- Assault Squad x5 - Razorback w/ TL Lascannon = 155
- Baal Predator - Flamestorm Cannon, Heavy Flamers = 140
- Baal Predator - TL Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolters = 145
- Dreadnought - TL Lascannon, Heavy Flamer = 145
I wanted more of an 'all-comers' list than the last one, so dropped the Vindicator and Predator for a 5 man Ass Squad with Razorback (the much needed deckchair unit to sit on the home objective, armed with a nice TL Lascannon) and a Dreadnought (with lascannon for more anti-tank, plus the ability to protect the razorback from outflankers, and still having some long-range punch).
My opponent (you know who you are) ran this list (from what i remember):
- Command Squad - Master of the Fleet, 2x Meltagun, Lascannon, Chimera
- Veteran Squad - 3x Meltagun, Chimera
- Veteran Squad - 2x Plasma, Missile Launcher, Chimera
- Platoon Command Squad - ?
- 40 man Blob Squad - Commissar, 4x Flamers
- 3x Heavy Weapon Teams - 3x Autocannons
- 2x Armoured Sentinels - 2x Plasma Cannons
- Devildog (the melta blast one right?)
- Hellhound (the ap3 flamer one right?)
- Leman Russ Battle Tank - Plasma Cannon sponsons
I think that was it...
Turned out it the my list worked pretty well, even against guard (my list is designed more towards MEQ). The Razorback did its job, with the only damage result suffered coming from a ramming Devildog (it was an immobilised result - RESULT! Wasnt't going to move anyway). The Dreadnought managed to rush forward and twat a Leman Russ to death - Strength 10 vs rear armour 10 = fun times. My Rhinos and Baal Predators did their usual Fast vehicle shenanigans and pinned the Guard into a nice killing field for my Power Fist/Thunder Hammer wielding (maybe khorne worshipping) Assault Squads to do their thing.
The event that might have hit the nail in the coffin for the game though was my Baal assault cannoning the Command Squad Chimera, rolling a 7 for damage (rending ap1), and killing over half of the 40 man guard squad in the resulting explosion from the objective... My opponent preceded to rip his list in half and vow to return with 3 more veteran squads with heavy weapons in chimeras... and maybe a Vendetta or two. Will see how the list does in that game!
|The 40 Man Blob - About to die in an explosion from their own Commander's Chimera...|